Directorate of Legal, Legislative and Judicial affairs
Directorate of Legal, legislative and Judicial affairs aim to provide optimal services in various relevant areas as well as the coordination and follow-ups of the activities of justice and judicial sectors including:
Supreme Court, Ministry of Justice, General Authority office, the Prosecutors and Commission for overseeing the implementation of the Constitution under deputy of government affairs coherence, general directorate of administrative office to the president since 2014
Obviously, this directorate can restore the rights of citizens and government agencies as a research center in the fields of the above, By conducting legal-specialized bachelors with recourse to scientific, practical and professional experiences. Experienced personnel and their legal members within the framework of qualifications and duties, secure reference and beneficial safety in response to the legal needs of citizens and government institutions within the framework of domestic and international legal standards.
* It is noteworthy that previously the directorate has been active in overviewing the Department of Protection of Law.
According to its view and field of activity, the Department has carried out the following fundamental tasks in order to ensure the implementation of the legality and effectiveness during the proceedings of the justice and judicial sector and the imposition of the commandments and decrees issued by H.E the President.
- Investigating, evaluating, analyzing, completing and following the procedures of policies and providing professional consultations necessary to the Supreme Court, Ministry of Justice, General Authority, Further, reviewing the justice and judicial institutions of military sectors, the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission, independent Commission for overseeing the implementation of the Constitution and the relevant departments against corruption. Administrative
- Corrective measure for management of the process of study, analysis, and review of documents sent to ministries and government agencies regarding issues related to legal, legislative and judicial affairs
- Management of the arrangement and presentation of analytical notes on the documents, proposals and legal, legislative and judicial issues received from the departments, the factual persons and the ruling which will require review at the meetings of the Supreme Council of the rule of law and the fight against corruption or its sub-committees;
- Acceleration and transparency of the study process, analysis, and review of individuals and complaints concerning the duties of the legal, legislative and judicial affairs, and the regulation of legal functions.
- Drafting and scrutiny of the decrees and rules of the presidency. Legal affairs, legislative and judicial affairs.
- Drafting, arranging of documents and regulation of the meetings of the Supreme Council of the rule of law and the fight against corruption and advancing its cabinet Secretariat affairs;
- Drafting, arranging of documents and regulation of meetings of the Judicial Committee and the Advancement of its cabinet secretariat affairs.
- Drafting arranging documents and arrangements of the affairs Committee meetings and advancing its cabinet Secretariat affairs;
- Drafting, arranging documents and regulating affairs of the Committee for the fight against corruption and advancing its cabinet Secretariat affairs;
- Investigation, evaluation, completion, and procedure of justice and judicial organs policies;
- Holding advisory meetings with representatives of the Ministry of Justice, the Office of the Minister of State in parliamentary affairs and other relevant departments, in relation to the process signing the plans and treaties and international conventions;
- Contribute to complete the legal aspects of the documents provided to cabinet meetings, Supreme Council of rule of law and anti-corruption;
- Holding work sessions with relevant authorities in order to solve related problems;
- Scrutiny and timely procedures of legislative documents schemes;
- Providing analytical notes regarding legal, legislative and judicial issues to the competent authorities.
The major activities of this department:
- Legal expert and handling of complaints;
- Drafting proposals related to the justice and judicial sector departments;
- Facilitating the arrangement of the affairs of the Supreme Council of rule of law and fight against corruption;
- Facilitating the arrangement of rules Committee meetings;
- Facilitation of Justice and Judicial Committee meetings
- Facilitating the affairs of Anti-Corruption Committee meeting
- During the proceedings of the rules and other legislative documents;
- Providing necessary advice in legal affairs to the Supreme President.